Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chubby Cheeks

"Hi, my name is Chubby. My mommy's name is Chubby..my daddy's name is Chubby...even my dog is chubby." 


Grace when she had her big ole chubby cheeks. <3 Why can babies pull of cute chubby cheeks?




I do the "chubby cheeks" with Grace all the time. She loves it. Gets a good crack out of it. As a kid, my sister did the best ever "chubby cheeks". Her "smile" was priceless. :)

Okay, anyway my point is not to reminisce on the silly stuff my sister did as a kid. My whole point is that I'm feeling like I can do the "chubby cheeks" game with Grace...and I don't need any hands. :/ My face is getting chubby enough that I do not need to press my cheeks! UGH!!

So...starting tomorrow, for my sake, but also for my entire families sake...I'm going to start eating and cooking better. I HAVE to. I don't loose weight like I used to, which is just some evil trickery of getting old I guess. So, now I'm really gonna have to dig my heals in it looks like. I'm also not going to be able to make pans full of delicious Million Calorie Bars. :( Okay, every once in a while MAYBE, but not on a regular basis.

I feel kind of sad because I've got this lovely, new, big kitchen that allows me the room to bake. Yeah, I know I can still bake, but I don't get that same satisfaction baking little bran muffins as I do millionaire bars. I've got to change my outlook on food. I've got to make food healthy and delicious. Not just healthy. That is what I've done in the past. Whenever I "diet" I don't put any kind of thought or planning into it. I just go to the old trusty lean cuisines or my basic diet staples. This time...I've got to enjoy it. And I think I will.

I just started e-mealz and I'm pretty hopeful that it will help me get organized and healthy. So anyway, starting tomorrow, ;) I'm going start this new food journey. I'm going to enjoy cooking healthy for my family. It's my DUTY.

Also, maybe I will dust off the treadmill and give that a try. Praying my knees don't kill me and stop me dead in my tracks. :( What I need to do is get on the ball and contact our little rec center here in town. They have a indoor swimming pool, which would be really easy on the knees and I love swimming. Great exercise. Okay...I will do that soon.

Tomorrow...healthy eating and treadmill.

Today..finish brownies off. I love the "day before diet starts"...Finishing off the bad foods. ;)

2 comments:

  1. The day before the diet is always the greatest day in the world...
    :)
    Good luck hon! I know you can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, the chubby cheeks without any hands... Haha!! Unfortunately it doesn't stop there on me! Haha! Really, it isn't funny : ) Maybe your determination and enthusiasm will rub off on your mother! Keep me posted along your journey and I will do my best to support you <3 I expect to see some pictures of your healthy and delicious meals too! :D

    ReplyDelete